Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Page Search Engine Optimization Factors Do They Matter?
Big Grin 
Let's hop into our World wide web time machine and take a trip. These days we're headed back in time to 2000 in Web time, that appears like 100 years ago. Browsing To rent building link perhaps provides lessons you should tell your mom. Youre an Search engine optimization professional and you want to create a book on how to get to the best of search engines what do you speak about? Meta tags are certainly on the way out. For a different perspective, we know people check-out: link builder. Links aid but this is cutting edge stuff not the basis of your book. So you speak about keyword density. You say if you want to get ranked highly for a certain term, you want to have that in your title and you need to have it show up towards the best of your web page, and in other parts of the web page and have your web page be keyword dense for your selected topic. And Im not talking about 1-3% keyword density 100% keyword density for a word truly worked for some phrases.

Ahh, the memories. The days when keyword density truly mattered.

Back to late 2006. Keyword density is dead. DEAD! In reality the question comes up if its even essential what content material is actually on your webpage or if it all depends on links.

Lets take some renowned examples 1st go to and kind in the word failure. The 1st outcome youll see is President George W. Bushs bio. Identify more on this affiliated URL by visiting rank checker tool. Go ahead and appear at the page, and tell me how several instances the word failure shows up on the web page. Identify more about quality backlinks by going to our novel web site. Yep zero.

To be fair, lets go back to once again, now kind in waffles. The quantity 1 outcome youll see right here is John Kerrys site. Go ahead and count the quantity of times you find the word waffles on that page. Indeed zero once more.

So whats going on here? The reason George Bushs and John Kerrys website are showing up so very for failure and waffles is due to the fact of anchor text. (This specific tactic in fact has a name called GoogleBombing but thats for a various day.) A huge number of internet sites, have hyperlinks pointing to George Bushs site with the word failure in the link.

So what should this inform us very first of all, quit worrying so significantly about perfectly optimizing your website and begin worrying about what the websites linking to you say.

Now I ought to say that having the keyword you want to rank extremely for in your tag and possessing relevant content on that page does certainly support, and if youre targeting a extremely competitive word, then youll need to have relevant content material on your page. Even so, dont worry about having exact keyword densities for your pages theyre not assisting you, in reality they may possibly be hurting you since the search engines discovered out that ranking by keyword density was simply abused so now they truly penalize web sites that are considered overoptimized or also keyword dense. Just write naturally and leave it alone thats what the search engines want.

Instead, make confident the hyperlinks pointing to your web site tell your story and say what your internet site is about. Alternatively of links that say click here, get links that say widgets or what ever your site is about.

Prior to I finish right here, I want to give you my preferred instance for Google Bombing. Go to the house page of This time sort in French military victories and click the Im Feeling Fortunate button. Nothing against, the French, but thats hilarious. Click on the French military defeats hyperlink for a excellent laugh..